Construction Weekly Project Update 6/20/2016
- Retaining Walls
- I-84 EB & WB
- Sewer Work
- Local Roads
- Rock Blasting
- Waste Stockpile Area (WSA)
Bridge 4321 (Hamilton Avenue over I-84)
- Night work: Night work Set structural steel
I-84 closures at Exit 23 between 11:00 PM and 5:00 AM – Sunday 6/19 through Thursday 6/23, with complete detour info below
- Install water main, fascia brackets and decking
Bridge 1224 (I-84 over Mad River, western crossing)
- Rebar EB 25 off ramp deck
- Rebar I-84 mainline deck
Bridge 5774 (Future I-84 over Mad River eastern crossing)
- Drive cofferdam abutment 2 and excavate
- Drive production piles abutment 2
Bridge 6284 (future EB 25 off ramp over Mad River)
- Rebar, form, and pour stemwalls abutment 2
Bridge 1226 (Harpers Ferry Road over I-84)
- Form and pour abutment 1 footing
- Form and place rebar at pier stem
Retaining Wall 101 (along I-84 east, of WB Exit 23 off ramp)
- Begin to set parapet
- Install moment slab
Retaining Wall 109 (along I-84, east of WB Exit 25 off ramp)
- Form and pour leveling pad
- Rig, set, and backfill blocks
Retaining Wall 110 (along I-84, east of EB 25 on ramp)
- Set parapet/place moment slab
Retaining Wall 113 and 114 (along both sides of future EB 25 off ramp)
I-84 EB & WB
I-84 WB (west of Scott Road parallel to Plank Road)
- Cut and fill to subgrade, and place process material
I-84 EB off ramp (EB Exit 23 Hamilton Ave)
- Prep work for noise barrier wall
I-84 WB (from Pierpont Road to WB 25 off ramp)
- Rig and set box culvert (Culvert 003 just east of rock cut)
- One lane closed intermittently with alternating traffic
- Excavation and trucking of materials
Scott Road (Culvert 014 at Scott Road south of WB 25 off ramp)
- Place cut off walls and set box culvert
Jacking Pit (under I-84 adjacent to former WB 24 off ramp)
I-84 Exit WB 25 off ramp (Beaver Pond Brook/Scott Road)
- Excavate and install sewer
- Rock blasting to occur along Reidville Drive. When I-84 needs to be stopped for safety reasons, blasting will occur on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 9:30AM and 11:30AM. When no traffic stoppage on I-84 is required blasting may occur Monday through Friday from 9:00AM – 3:00PM.
- Traffic stoppages on Hamilton Ave., Harpers Ferry Road and Reidville Drive to be implemented at time of blasts for safety reasons.
Waste Stockpile Area (WSA)/Reuse Stockpile Area (RSA)
- Trucking of controlled materials from WSA on Route 322 at Exit 28 to disposal facility (ongoing).
- Trucking excavated material to RSA at Exit 30 WB
Night Work on Hamilton Avenue Bridge – Detour Information
I-84 will close and be detoured at Exit 23 between the hours of 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM for night time steel erection on the Hamilton Avenue Bridge, on Sunday June 19 through Thursday June 23, 2016.
Nighttime closures will occur Sunday through Thursday nights as follows:
- I-84 Eastbound and Westbound detours: Sunday 6/19
- I-84 Eastbound detour: Monday 6/20 through Thursday 6/23
Detour routes from I-84 EB and WB Exit 23 off ramps are as follows:
- Westbound traffic will take WB Exit 23 off ramp, turn right onto Hamilton Avenue, continue straight on Hamilton Ave/Union St, and turn left onto I-84 via WB 22 on ramp (toward Danbury).
- Eastbound traffic will take EB Exit 23 bearing left toward Prospect, 69 South. At the end of the exit, go straight across Hamilton Avenue and reenter I-84 via the EB 24 on ramp.
Motorists will be guided through the detour route by construction signage, State, and local Police.
The closure of I-84 is to ensure safety of the traveling public during construction.