Construction Weekly Project Update 6/13/2016
- Retaining Walls
- I-84 EB
- Sewer Work
- Local Roads
- Rock Blasting
- Waste Stockpile Area (WSA)
Bridge 4321 (Hamilton Avenue over I-84)
- Night work: Set structural steel
I-84 closures at Exit 23 between 11:00 PM and 5:00 AM – this week from Tuesday 6/14 through Thursday 6/16, with complete detour info below
Bridge 1224 (I-84 over Mad River, western crossing)
- Set stay in place forms
- Fill concrete in existing pedestrian tunnel
Bridge 5774 (Future I-84 over Mad River eastern crossing)
- Drive cofferdam abutment 2 and excavate
- Drive test pile abutment 2
- Rebar, form, and pour backwalls abutment 1
Bridge 6284 (future EB 25 off ramp over Mad River)
- Strip and backfill abutment 2 footing
- Rebar, form, and pour stemwalls abutment 2
Bridge 1226 (Harpers Ferry Road over I-84)
- Form and pour abutment 1 footing
- Form and pour pier stem
Retaining Wall 101 (along I-84 east, of WB Exit 23 off ramp)
Begin to set parapet
Retaining Wall 109 (along I-84, east of WB Exit 25 off ramp)
- Form and pour leveling pad
Retaining Wall 110 (along I-84, east of EB 25 on ramp)
- Set parapet/place moment slab
Retaining Wall 113 and 114 (along both sides of future EB 25 off ramp)
I-84 EB (west of Scott Road parallel to Reidville Drive)
I-84 EB off ramp (EB Exit 23 Hamilton Ave)
- Prep work for noise barrier wall
- One lane closed intermittently with alternating traffic
- Excavation and trucking of materials
Scott Road (Culvert 014 at Scott Road south of WB 25 off ramp)
- Place cut off walls and set box culvert* Excavate and install water and sewer under culvert
- Rock blasting to occur along Reidville Drive. When I-84 needs to be stopped for safety reasons, blasting will occur on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 9:30AM and 11:30AM. When no traffic stoppage on I-84 is required blasting may occur Monday through Friday from 9:00AM – 3:00PM.
- Traffic stoppages on Hamilton Ave., Harpers Ferry Road and Reidville Drive to be implemented at time of blasts for safety reasons.
Waste Stockpile Area (WSA)/Reuse Stockpile Area (RSA)
- Trucking of controlled materials from WSA on Route 322 at Exit 28 to disposal facility (ongoing).
- Trucking excavated material to RSA at Exit 30 WB
Night Work on Hamilton Avenue Bridge – Detour Information
I-84 will close and be detoured at Exit 23 between the hours of 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM for night time steel erection on the Hamilton Avenue Bridge, on June 14 through June 22, 2016.
Nighttime closures will occur Sunday through Thursday nights as follows:
- I-84 Eastbound and Westbound detours: Tuesday 6/14 through Sunday 6/19 (excluding 6/17 and 6/18)
- I-84 Eastbound detour: Monday 6/20 through Wednesday 6/22
Detour routes from I-84 EB and WB Exit 23 off ramps are as follows:
- Westbound traffic will take WB Exit 23 off ramp, turn right onto Hamilton Avenue, continue straight on Hamilton Ave/Union St, and turn left onto I-84 via WB 22 on ramp (toward Danbury).
- Eastbound traffic will take EB Exit 23 bearing left toward Prospect, 69 South. At the end of the exit, go straight across Hamilton Avenue and reenter I-84 via the EB 24 on ramp.
Motorists will be guided through the detour route by construction signage, State, and local Police.
The closure of I-84 is to ensure safety of the traveling public during construction.