Construction Weekly Project Update 1/11/2016
- WB 23 off ramp
- Retaining Walls
- Local Roads
- Rock Blasting
- Waste Stockpile Area (WSA)
WB: Median demolition continues from Washington Street to Hamilton Ave.
WB 25 off ramp: Excavate and place new sanitary sewer pipe
Bridge 4321 (Hamilton Avenue over I-84)
- Backfill abutment and wing wall
- Continue to form and pour pier 2 footing
Bridge 1224 (I-84 over Mad River, western crossing)
- Continue construction of cofferdam and pile driving for abutment 2
Bridge 5774 (Future I-84 over Mad River, eastern crossing)
- Form and pour abutment 1 stem
Bridge 6284 (EB 25 off ramp over Mad River)
- Form and pour abutment 1 stem wall
Retaining Wall 104 (south of EB 23 on ramp)
- Excavate for, and installation of, Temporary Earth Retaining System (TERS)
- Install precast blocks and parapet
Retaining Wall 111 (along I-84 WB, west of Pierpont Road)
- Form, rig, and pour leveling pad
- Construct foundation for overhead sign
Retaining Wall 110 (along I-84 EB, east of Exit 25 EB on ramp)
- Excavate for leveling pad
- Excavate jacking pit (south of former WB Exit 24 off ramp)
- One lane closed intermittently with alternating traffic
- Excavation and trucking of materials
- Rock blasting to occur along Reidville Drive, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday intermittently between 9:30 AM and 11:30 AM.
- Traffic stoppages on I-84, Hamilton Ave., Harpers Ferry Road and Reidville Drive to be implemented at time of blasts for safety reasons.
Waste Stockpile Area (WSA)
Trucking of controlled materials from WSA on Route 322 at Exit 28 to disposal facility (ongoing).