Construction Weekly Project Update 12/21/2015
- Retaining Walls
- Local Roads
- Rock Blasting
- Waste Stockpile Area (WSA)
WB: Median demolition continues from Washington Street to Hamilton Ave.
Bridge 4321 (Hamilton Avenue over I-84)
- Backfill abutment 1 and wing wall
- Construction of center pier
Bridge 1224 (I-84 over Mad River, western crossing)
- Construction of cofferdam and pile driving for abutment 2
Bridge 5774 (Future I-84 over Mad River, eastern crossing)
- Strip and backfill abutment 1 footing
Bridge 6284 (EB 25 off ramp over Mad River)
- Continue construction of abutment 1 stem wall
- Place concrete abutment 1
Retaining Wall 104 (south of EB 23 on ramp)
- Excavation for, and installation of, Temporary Earth Retaining System (TERS)
- Install blocks
Retaining Wall 105 (along Mad River at Plank Road and Harpers Ferry Road)
Retaining Wall 111 (along I-84 WB west of Pierpont Road)
• Excavation for leveling pad
Harpers Ferry Road
- Line striping on Harpers Ferry Road between Plank Road and Ashmun Street
- One lane closed intermittently with alternating traffic
- Excavation and trucking of materials
- Rock blasting to occur along Reidville Drive, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday intermittently between 9:30 AM and 11:30 AM.
- Traffic stoppages on I-84, Hamilton Ave., Harpers Ferry Road and Reidville Drive to be implemented at time of blasts for safety reasons.
Waste Stockpile Area (WSA)
Trucking of controlled materials from WSA on Route 322 at Exit 28 to disposal facility (ongoing).