Construction Weekly Project Update 11/09/2015
- WB 23 off ramp
- Retaining Walls
- Local Roads
- Rock Blasting
- Waste Stockpile Area (WSA)
I-84 median – Concrete cap work from Harpers Ferry Rd. to Austin Rd.
I-84 EB and WB – Mill/pave for roadway improvement prior to winter (night)
WB 23 off ramp
Construct new WB 23 off ramp (north of existing ramp)
Bridge 4321 (Hamilton Avenue over I-84)
- Construction of south abutment, stem wall (western portion)
- Continue construction of southern pier
Bridge 1224 (I-84 over Mad River, western crossing)
- Excavate for temporary earth retaining system, abutment 1 and 2
Bridge 5774 (Future I-84 over Mad River, eastern crossing)
- Drive piles for abutment 1
Bridge 6284 (EB 25 off ramp over Mad River)
- Backfill abutment 1 footing
- Form and pour abutment 1 stem wall
Bridge 1226 (Harpers Ferry Road over I-84)
- Establish subgrade, subbase, and pave temporary approach roadway (south of I-84)
Retaining Wall 104 construction (south of EB 23 on ramp)
Harpers Ferry Road
- Harpers Ferry Road closed between Plank Road and Ashmun Street
- Water and sewer work continues
- One lane closed intermittently with alternating traffic
- Excavation and trucking of materials
- Rock blasting to occur along Reidville Drive, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday intermittently between 9:30 AM and 11:30 AM.
- Traffic stoppages on I-84, Hamilton Ave., Harpers Ferry Road and Reidville Drive to be implemented at time of blasts for safety reasons.
Waste Stockpile Area (WSA)
Trucking of controlled materials from WSA on Route 322 at Exit 28 to disposal facility (ongoing).