Construction Weekly Project Update 10/16/2017
- Retaining Walls
- Local Roads
- Night Work
- Rock Blasting
- Waste Stockpile Area (WSA)
Bridge 4321 (Hamilton Avenue over I-84)
- Form and pour pier 2 pedestals
Bridge 6590 (EB 23 on ramp)
- Install rebar on deck
- Set deck finishing machine and test run
Bridge 1226 (Harpers Ferry Road Bridge)
- Pave approaches, set temporary barrier, apply salt guard
- Form and pour sidewalk and parapets
Bridge 1224 (I-84 bridge over Mad River, western crossing)
Bridge 5774 (future I-84 bridge over Mad River)
- Form and pour eastern and western approach slab at WB deck
- Form and pour WB and EB deck parapets
Bridge 1228 (Scott Road Bridge)
- Form and pour parapets
- Form and pour approach abutment 1 south slabs
Retaining Wall 106 (north of WB I-84, west of WB 25 off ramp)
Retaining Wall 107 (along EB I-84 west of Scott Road Bridge)
- Install support of excavation and excavate for demolition
- Pave future path for I-84 west of Harpers Ferry Road
I-84 EB Exit 25 Off-Ramp to Detour to Exit 23 Full info in link here
On the night of Wednesday, October 18, 2017, the existing EB 25 off-ramp will close.
Traffic will be detoured to the EB 23 off-ramp and then onto the new ramp to Harpers Ferry Road as follows:
- EB Exit 25 off-ramp traffic will exit at the EB 23 off-ramp and follow the detour signs.
- Traffic will split further ahead with EB 23 off-ramp traffic staying to the right and EB 25 off-ramp traffic and I-84 EB on-ramp staying to the left.
- After that split, I-84 EB traffic will proceed straight ahead while EB 25 off-ramp traffic will fork to the right, where it will proceed on the new ramp alignment under the Hamilton Avenue Bridge and continue for 3/4 mile where it will meet up with Harpers Ferry Road.
If inclement weather causes postponement, this will occur the following night.
Various Locations Project-wide
- Fencing installation
- Permanent and temporary illumination
- Culvert 1227 (east of rock cut and under I-84) – install support of excavation and excavate for demolition
- Excavate existing overburden of earth north of Reidville Drive
- Drill and blast rock
East Main Street
- Install underground utilities – Scott Road vicinity (along northern side of East Main Street from commuter lot east of Scott Road intersection, to west of intersection) (night)
- Install permanent signalization for East Main Street and Scott Road
- Pave turn-around at end of road, above Reidville Drive (Thursday 10/19 anticipated date)
- Underground utilities installation – East Main Street
- Traffic shift onto Bridge 1224 WB deck
- Blasting will be permitted Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Motorists may experience brief stoppages on I-84, within the work area, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday between 9:30 am and 11:30 am.
- Traffic stoppages on Harpers Ferry Road and Reidville Drive to be implemented at time of blasts for safety reasons.
Waste Stockpile Area (WSA)/Temporary Reuse Stockpile Area (TRSA)
Trucking of controlled materials from WSA on Route 322 at Exit 28 to disposal facility (ongoing); Trucking excavated material to TRSA at Exit 30 WB.