Construction Weekly Project Update 10/2/2017
- Local Roads
- Night Work
- Rock Blasting
- Waste Stockpile Area (WSA)
Bridge 4321 (Hamilton Avenue over I-84)
- Form and pour pier 2 stem
- Construct abutment 2 backwall
Bridge 6590 (EB 23 on ramp)
- Install stay-in-place forms and shear studs
Bridge 1226 (Harpers Ferry Road Bridge)
- Pave approach slabs, set temporary barrier and apply salt guard
- Bridge 1224 (I-84 bridge over Mad River, western crossing)
- Pour EB stage 2 deck
Bridge 5774 (future I-84 bridge over Mad River)
- Form and pour EB deck parapets
- Form and pour eastern approach slab at EB deck
- Form and pour western approach slab at WB deck
Bridge 1228 (Scott Road Bridge)
- Pave and mill shoulder in front of Retaining Wall 119 (along WB I-84 east of Harpers Ferry Road)
- Pave median opposite WB 25 on-ramp vicinity (night work)
- Fine grade and prep subbase material at future path for I-84 west of Harpers Ferry Road
I-84 Traffic Shift to North, West of Scott Road Bridge
- Beginning Thursday night, October 5, I-84 westbound (WB) traffic will shift to the north, from the existing WB 25 on-ramp vicinity, and travel adjacent to the new retaining wall and existing path of WB I-84. Traffic will realign with existing WB I-84 just east of the Harpers Ferry Road Bridge.
- On Friday night, October 6, I-84 eastbound (EB) traffic will shift to the north, east of Harpers Ferry Road Bridge, and travel on existing WB I-84 lanes. Traffic will shift back to existing EB I-84 alignment just west of Scott Road Bridge.
- If inclement weather causes postponement, for WB shift, work will be performed the following day; for EB shift, work will be performed Sunday night, October 8.
Various Locations Project-wide
- Fencing installation
- Turf establishment
- Culvert 1227 (east of rock cut and under I-84) – install support of excavation and excavate for demolition
- Excavate existing overburden of earth north of Reidville Drive
- Drill and blast rock
East Main Street
- Install underground utilities – Scott Road vicinity (along northern side of East Main Street from commuter lot east of Scott Road intersection, to west of intersection) (night)
- Install permanent signalization for East Main Street and Scott Road
- Underground utilities installation – East Main Street
- Pave median opposite WB 25 on-ramp vicinity
- Pave and mill shoulder in front of Retaining Wall 119
- Blasting will be permitted Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Motorists may experience brief stoppages on I-84, within the work area, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday between 9:30 am and 11:30 am.
- Traffic stoppages on Harpers Ferry Road and Reidville Drive to be implemented at time of blasts for safety reasons.
Waste Stockpile Area (WSA)/Temporary Reuse Stockpile Area (TRSA)
Trucking of controlled materials from WSA on Route 322 at Exit 28 to disposal facility (ongoing); Trucking excavated material to TRSA at Exit 30 WB.