Construction Weekly Project Update 5/15/2017
- Retaining Walls
- Local Roads
- Night Work
- Rock Blasting
- Waste Stockpile Area (WSA)
Bridge 4321 (Hamilton Avenue over I-84)
- Form and rebar pier 1 footing
Bridge 6590 (EB 23 on ramp)
- Pour and form pier stem
- Install drainage structures and pipes
Bridge 1224 (I-84 bridge over Mad River, western crossing)
- Form and pour abutment 2 backwalls and pedestals
Bridge 1226 (Harpers Ferry Road Bridge)
- Install utility hangers/conduits/gas
Bridge 5774 (future I-84 bridge over Mad River)
- Set Gomaco deck machine and test run WB deck
- Pour concrete for WB deck
Bridge 6284 (future EB 25 off ramp)
Bridge 1228 (Scott Road Bridge)
- Set structural steel – Nighttime detour and lane closures — see details under Night Work below
- Install fascia brackets and timbers
Retaining Wall 101 (along WB I-84 and east of WB 23 off ramp)
Retaining Wall 106 (north of WB I-84 west of WB 25 off ramp)
- Continue soil nail and excavation
- EB: New EB 25 off ramp – cut and fill roadway section
- EB: New EB 25 off ramp – cut and fill roadway section, and install drainage
- EB: Rock blasting east of EB 23 on ramp to Austin Road
- WB: Install sound barrier wall along new WB 25 off ramp
- WB: Install drainage east of WB 23 off ramp
- Install utility poles
- Divert stream through Culvert 003 (east of rock cut; under Reidville Drive)
Plank Road (Cul-de-sac to Harpers Ferry Road)
- Place subbase; prepare for paving (this week or next)
Plank Road East
- Culvert 06622 (West of Scott Road) Set modular wingwall
- Culvert 02537 (Beaver Pond Brook under I-84, south of WB 25 on ramp) construct wing walls
I-84 Nighttime Closure and Detour to Begin on Sunday Night at Exit 25 for Scott Road Bridge Steel Installation Activities
I-84 eastbound and westbound will be closed nightly and detoured at Exit 25, starting on Sunday night, May 14, and continuing through Thursday night, May 18, 2017. The closures will take place from 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM.
These temporary detours are in addition to the regular nightly lane closures permitted within the area. If inclement weather causes postponement of work, the rain date will be Sunday, May 21.
Motorists will detour from I-84 to local roads, and back to I-84, via detours at both westbound and eastbound Exits 25 as described below.
I-84 traffic will detour off the highway at EB Exit 25, continue straight on Reidville Drive, and reenter I-84 via the EB 25 on ramp at Scott Road.
I-84 traffic will detour off the highway at WB Exit 25, continue straight onto Plank Road, and reenter I-84 via the WB 25 on ramp.
Miscellaneous pothole repair and drainage
Rock blasting to occur on the East End of Project:
- East of EB 23 on ramp to Austin Road
- When I-84 needs to be stopped for safety reasons, blasting will occur on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday between 9:30 AM and 11:30 AM. When no traffic stoppage on I-84 is required blasting may occur Monday through Friday from 9:00am – 3:00pm.
Traffic stoppages on local roads including Scott Road and Reidville Drive to be implemented at time of blasts for safety reasons.
Waste Stockpile Area (WSA)/Temporary Reuse Stockpile Area (TRSA)
Trucking of controlled materials from WSA on Route 322 at Exit 28 to disposal facility (ongoing); Trucking excavated material to TRSA at Exit 30 WB.