Construction Weekly Project Update 10/24/2016
- Retaining Walls
- Local Roads
- Rock Blasting
- Night Work
- Waste Stockpile Area (WSA)
Bridge 4321 (Hamilton Avenue over I-84)
- Install approach slabs abutment 1 & 2
- Form and rebar parapet and sidewalk
- Install protective shielding (night work)
Bridge 1224 (I-84 over Mad River, western crossing)
- Continue demolition of northern portion of bridge and excavate
- Deck work, and install approach slab EB 25 off ramp
- Install parapet EB 25 off ramp
Bridge 5774 (future I-84 over Mad River, eastern crossing)
Bridge 6284 (future EB 25 off ramp over Mad River)
- Set structural steel and bolt up
Bridge 1226 (Harpers Ferry Road over I-84)
- Strip forms, apply damp-proofing, and backfill
Bridge 1228 (Scott Road Bridge over I-84)
- Form and pour stem walls at abutment 2(north of I-84)
- Form and pour stem walls at abutment 1 (south side of I-84)
Retaining Wall 108 (along I-84, east of WB 25 on ramp)
Retaining Wall 113 and 114 (along both sides of future EB 25 off ramp)
- Install parapet moment slab 113 and 114
Median reconstruction from Pierpont Road to WB 25 off ramp
- Set precast barrier
- Backfill conduit and light pole foundations
I-84 EB (Between EB 23 on ramp and Bridge 1224)
- Drill foundation for noise wall
EB 23 on ramp
- Prep for construction of temporary ramp
I-84 EB from east of EB 23 off ramp
- Sunday night, October 23, there will be eastbound lane closures between 9:30 PM and 6:00 AM in preparation for an eastbound traffic shift.
- Both lanes of eastbound traffic will shift to the left, from the vicinity east of the 23 off ramp to allow for bridge and ramp work.
- Excavate and install support of excavation at Culvert 003 (just east of the rock cut)
- Excavation & trucking of materials
- One lane closed intermittently with alternating traffic
Harpers Ferry Road/Plank Road
- Harpers Ferry Road to Close from Plank Road to Ashmun Street Beginning Mon., Oct. 24
- Beginning from 7:00 AM on Monday, October 24 to Sunday, October 30, Harpers Ferry Road will be closed from Plank Road to Ashmun Street to complete reconstruction on Harpers Ferry Road.
- Detour routes will be in place, access to residences and driveways within the closed section of Harpers Ferry Road will be maintained.
Scott Road (Culvert 014 at Scott Road south of WB 25 off ramp)
- Excavate and install temporary earth retaining system
- Install sewer under culvert
Plank Road East (Culvert 02537 at Beaver Pond Brook under WB I-84 east of WB 25 on ramp)
- Partial demolition and excavation of existing culvert
Rock blasting to occur along Reidville Drive. When I-84 needs to be stopped for safety reasons, blasting will occur on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday between 9:30 AM and 11:30 AM. When no traffic stoppage on I-84 is required blasting may occur Monday through Friday from 9:00am – 3:00pm. Traffic stoppages on Harpers Ferry Road and Reidville Drive to be implemented at time of blasts for safety reasons.
Lane closure on I-84, 9:30 PM to 6:00 AM, Sunday through Thursday nights for barrier, grading and drainage work.
Waste Stockpile Area (WSA)/Reuse Stockpile Area (RSA)
- Trucking of controlled materials from WSA on Route 322 at Exit 28 to disposal facility (ongoing).
- Trucking excavated material to RSA at Exit 30 WB